INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Party like a Rock Star...

This year for Mariah's 11Th Birthday she celebrated in Jonas Brothers Style. Being that her party happened to fall on the opening night of the Jonas Brothers 3D Concert Experience I had my friend Cindy whip up some C-U-T-E party invites that looked like concert tickets. (She has lots of cute designs here) 
Mariah delivered them to her friends with explicit instructions to come dressed in their rock star attire. Once the guests rendezvoused over to our house I loaded them up and drove them to the theatre in style...No, we didn't rent a limo (although, I am sure that would've been a hit!) I am talking about our family mini-van! As we entered the theatre where the show would be seen we were greeted by a whole row of screaming teenage girls carrying signs and all. For a moment it really did feel like we were at a concert. My crowd was a little bit more tame and preferred to sit back and take it all in. (which surprised me) Once the music was pumping and the teenage girls were dancing in the isles all while singing in perfect harmony. My Aldy-girl couldn't resist and had to get up and start grooving too. That was until the mean-ole usher came and told them all to sit down!! :( I didn't see what was the big deal? We were in the back row...for goodness sake! Anyways after the show the girls did a few photo-ops and it was back home for pizza, presents, and cake.





Speaking of CAKE!!! A few days before the party I received my Family Fun Magazine (March Issue) Mariah was skimming through it and spotted a cake that she wanted and asked me if I would try to make it.
My attempt seemed to be successful one little girl asked if I would be available in July to make her cake! Too cute! That's the beauty of a "Topsy turvy" cake you can't really mess it up! :) Over-all I think all the girls enjoyed themselves.



Happy Birthday, My sweet girl! I love you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great cake Dannie! It looks like she had a great birthday :) You're such a cool Mom!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome cake!! You're sooo creative, Dannie... I'm envious. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great job on the cake Dan, and the invites are so neat as well. You were always so good a things like that! and You are such a cool mom!

Angie